Donald Trump Drops Major Update on Iran Attack Amid Peace Deal
Photo by Evan Vucci-Pool/Getty Images

Donald Trump Drops Major Update on Iran Attack Amid Peace Deal

President Donald Trump has given an important update on Iran after Tehran submitted a new peace proposal. The update offers a potential path to ending a six-week war that has global effects.

Donald Trump says he’s pausing attack on Iran

Trump announced on Monday that he had ordered the US military to halt a scheduled strike on Iran following the delivery of a diplomatic proposal through Pakistani intermediaries. “We will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached,” he wrote on Truth Social. No such attack had been publicly announced.

The president said Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates had requested he delay military action because “a Deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all Countries in the Middle East, and beyond.” He provided no details on the terms being negotiated.

Speaking to reporters at an unrelated event, Trump expressed cautious optimism. “There seems to be a very good chance that they can work something out. If we can do that without bombing the hell out of them, I would be very happy,” he said.

On the other hand, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei confirmed Tehran’s views had been “conveyed to the American side through Pakistan” but offered no further specifics. A Pakistani source verified Islamabad’s role in transmitting the proposal. However, described slow progress, saying both sides “keep changing their goalposts” and warning that “we don’t have much time.”

Despite the diplomatic opening, Khatam al-Anbiya, the joint military headquarters, cautioned against “strategic mistakes or miscalculations.” Further stated its forces were “more prepared and stronger than in the past.” Commander Ali Abdollahi told Tasnim news agency that any renewed aggression “will be responded to quickly, decisively, powerfully, and extensively” (via Reuters).

Originally reported by Devanshi Basu on Mandatory.com.

TRENDING
X