White House Pushes Back After Jon Stewart’s Viral Donald Trump Criticism
Photo Credit: Matt Wilson/Comedy Central via Getty Images,  Al Drago for The Washington Post via Getty Images

White House Pushes Back After Jon Stewart’s Viral Donald Trump Criticism

The White House has responded to Jon Stewart‘s scathing attack on Donald Trump over the recent IRS settlement. The Daily Show host had previously called out the Trump administration for the announcement of a $1.8 billion “anti-weaponization” fund. The controversial fund aims to compensate Trump allies who claimed they were persecuted under the Biden administration. Photo Credit: Matt Wilson/Comedy Central via Getty Images,  Al Drago for The Washington Post via Getty Images

White House reacts after Jon Stewart’s criticism

White House spokesperson Davis Ingle called Jon Stewart a “talentless hack” after The Daily Show host called out Donald Trump’s IRS settlement, as reported by the Daily Beast. Ingle also said that Stewart “clearly suffers from a severe and debilitating disease known as Trump Derangement Syndrome that has rotted his peanut-sized brain and ruined his life to the point he has to compensate for his embarrassing inadequacies.”

The response comes just days after Stewart slammed Trump’s $1.8 billion “anti-weaponization” fund, calling it, “It’s all a f**k you troll. Everything they’re doing is a f**k you troll to us.” Stewart fumed, “This is f***ing our money! I mean, it’s — do we even have a Congress or a Court?” The Daily Show host then referred to George Orwell’s dystopian novel 1984. He said, “It’s all Orwell… Oh, this is against the weaponization of it, and it’s patriotic. They’re trolling us. His entire career is a troll.”

Trump’s Department of Justice announced a $1.776 billion “anti-weaponization fund” on Monday that will be allocated to people who have claimed to have been prosecuted or investigated under Democratic administrations. The plan is part of Trump’s settlement agreement with the Internal Revenue Service, after dropping his $10 billion lawsuit.

Giving his thoughts about what will happen with the fund, Stewart stated, “They’re gonna give it to people that sprayed mace at police officers and pretend that they’re rewarding patriotism.” The comedian and TV host then pointed out, “By the way, it’s not transparent. They don’t have to tell you where they’re doing it, how they’re deciding it, who’s getting the money. None of it.”

Originally reported by Namrata Ghosh on Mandatory.

TRENDING
X