Seems like Danielle Staub failed to come completely clean on her past during the finale of The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Danielle only admitted to being arrested, changing her name, and being a past stripper. What she failed to admit was that she also used to be a prostitute/high paid escort.
The Gawker got their hands on the court documents involving Danielle’s 1986 arrest, and it definitely sheds more light on her past.
The documents revealed the following –
1) In 1986, Staub went by the name Beverly Merrill, but her working name as a high-end prostitute was “Angela Minelli.” She was living in Miami, and one of her clients was Daniel Claudio Aguilar, a cocaine dealer for the Medellín cartel.
2) Danielle wasn’t in the wrong place at the wrong time as she claimed. She was heavily involved with the kidnapping which came as a result of a cocaine deal gone wrong, which Danielle also had a big part in. Danielle’s job was to help test the cocaine that was being sold for $48,000.
3) During the kidnapping, Danielle helped make phone calls to the victim’s family demanding a ransom.
4) Danielle was picked up/arrested with six kilos of cocaine and $16,000 in cash.
5) After her arrest, Danielle turned on her boyfriend/kidnapper known as Aguilar, and helped in convicting him.
6) During the trial, Aguilar’s lawyers tried to undermine Danielle’s credibility by repeatedly pointing out that she was a prostitute who worked for an escort service and coke addict.
7) Danielle’s ex husband and author of the Book – Cop Without A Badge, Kevin Maher, has critized her for appearing on reality citing the fact that Aguilar might want to carry out his revenge on her. Aguilar was released from prison in 1994.
I guess being a past prostitute/escort isn’t something anyone would want to admit to, but why go on a reality show knowing you have all these skeletons in your closet? If you are going to come clean, you might as well come all the way clean.
In other news, the big rumor that refuses to go away is that Dina’s husband, Tommy Manzo, has left her and moved in with a younger girlfriend. Sources say Tommy is living with his girlfriend in an apartment close to the Brownstone where he works at. I guess time will tell whether or not Dina is truly separated from her husband.