Apparently there are A-LOT of women formerly married to A (or A-ish) Listers who are desperate for some reality TV fame of their own! Hot on the heels of the success of Hollywood Exes, TLC – the network that has brought us every wedding show imaginable and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo – is deciding they want to get in on the action.
According to The Huffington Post, the network just began production on a show tentatively titled "Starter Wives," which basically follows the exact same premise as Hollywood Exes. Focusing on the lives of seven women – once married or baby mamas to big names – who will reveal what their lives look like post break-up.
CLICK CONTINUE READING FOR THE REST!
TLC describes the premise as a "fascinating" look into the "controversial" world of celebrity exes. Um… where have we heart that before? The series seeks to follow the women as they emerge from their past relationships and embark upon a "path in life that will give themselves and their children the security and success they know they deserve." Again, sounds familiar… right Vh1?
The women included in the series are:
- Zakia Baum: Ex-girlfriend of Jermaine “Maino” Coleman and mother of his son. (Who?)
- Cheryl Caruso: Ex-wife of mobster Phillip Caruso and mother of his two daughters. (WHO?)
- Josie Harris: Ex-girlfriend of Floyd Mayweather and mother of his three children.
- Monica Joseph-Taylor: soon to be ex-wife of Aston “Funkmaster Flex” Taylor and mother to his two children.
- Liza Morales: Ex-girlfriend of Lamar Odom and mother of his three children.
- Tashera Simmons: Ex-wife of Earl “DMX” Simmons and mother of four of his children. – Weren't they on Couples Therapy?
- Shaniqua Tompkins: Ex-girlfriend of Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and mother of his son.
Set to debut in 2013, I have to say this is list is looking eerily similar to Basketball Wives in that very few of these women were ever, you know, wives!
Well, I guess if you really, really want to see more former celebrity wives and girlfriends, tune in. I wonder what Vh1 will have to say about all this…
[Photo Credit: Reggie Collier/WENN]
TELL US – WILL YOU BE TUNING INTO STARTER WIVES OR ARE YOU FINE WITH HOLLYWOOD EXES? WHICH CAST HAS BETTER A-LIST WIVES?