The latest in Jon Gosselin‘s diarrhea of the mouth comes his claim that the media is exploiting his children.
Jon tells E! News, “I do believe the media and tabloids covering my family and the show for their own financial gain are the ones exploiting them.”
The Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad however makes certain to exclude his show’s network, TLC, out of the equation, “I’m not saying TLC is exploiting my children…I have said on numerous occasions TLC has afforded my kids a better life and has helped provide a better roof on their heads.”
So according to Jon The Genius, the media and tabloids are exploiting his kids, but the network which makes millions off putting his kids on national television is the only one not exploiting them. Perhaps Jon needs to realize majority of the “media and tabloid” stories have little to do with his kids, and more to do with his recent very public and somewhat shameful behavior, which includes sleeping with his kids’ babysitter, as well as numerous other women.
In other news, Jon was paid an undisclosed amount of money to host a pool party Saturday night at Wet Republic at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino. The above photo is from the party. About 2,000 people were said to have been in attendance.
CBS has unveiled it’s latest cast of Survior:Samoa. This will be the 19th season of the series, which premieres Thursday, Sept. 17 (8 p.m. EST).
There is however a twist this season, as competing tribes will be asked to immediately pick a chief, someone to make all the decisions for the group, according to a press release from CBS.
“Surrounded by coconut palms in a land steeped in tradition, the Samoans who inhabit this island have a proud history and strong sense of community that has enabled their own survival,” the release says. “From the start of the game, Survivor embraces this Samoan culture by incorporating an ancient tradition of electing an individual leader of the village.”
Photos and a brief bio of the cast members below -
David Ball Age: 38 Hometown: Los Angeles Occupation: fitness instructor
Besty Bolan Age: 48 Hometown: Campton, N.H. Occupation: Police Officer
The winner of of Matt Grant‘s heart on The Bachelor: London Calling, Shayne Lamas, is getting her own reality show on the E! Network. Shayne and Matt broke up last year due to rumors Matt wanted to marry her for a green card and that Shayne had allegedly cheated on him.
Leave it to Lamaswill follow the former Bachelor star and the rest of her family as they live their Hollywood lifestyles.
We can expect to see some major drama on the show as it will feature Shayne’s dad — Lorenzo Lamas, as well as Shayne’s brother — AJ Lamas. It is alleged that Shauna Sand, Lorenzo’s fourth wife and a former Playboy model, allegedly slept with AJ, her 18-year-old stepson a while back. It should make for interesting TV to see how the family deals with this tidbit of info.
Shayne’s half sister Dakota Pike, their mom and Lorenzo’s ex-wife Michele Smith, will also make appearances on the show. The show is being produced by Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss.
Leave it to Lamas is set to premiere Sunday, October 11 at 10:30pm ET –immediately after The Girls Next Door‘s sixth season premiere.
In a new interview with PEOPLE, he flats out denies the story. “I never said that,” Jon said while speaking outside his house on Wednesday. “A fan asked me, ‘Don’t you sometimes wish you could go back to a 9-to-5 job?’ [And my reply was,] ‘Yeah, because this is 24/7 and 9-to-5ers punch in and punch out and you have no responsibilities.’ “
Jon continues, “Here … you have to watch what you say so it doesn’t contradict something else.” Jon believes the false story was a result of someone having “overheard something that was nothing.”
He also cleared up another rumor about the kids not wanting to film anymore, saying — “And the other one was that the kids didn’t want to film anymore. No, they just didn’t want to film that day.”
When asked about his Lies Lies Lies t-shirt, Jon says: “I just thought it was funny, because people can write anything about me.”
Atlanta ‘Housewife’ Lisa Wu Hartwell has decided to take her ex-husband, R&B singer Keith Sweat, to court in an attempt to gain custody of her 2 eldest kids.
“I’ve already been seeing them four or five times a week, but now the time has come when I want to have them with me full-time,” Lisa, 38, tellsStar. “I immediately filed for an appeal after the verdict, but I was never given a court date in five years. I’ve been afraid of the judicial system, but I’m finally taking the bull by the horns and trying to get my boys back again!”
Lisa continues, “If Keith has a hang-up about our sons being on TV, I would be fine with that. But Real Housewives is supposed to be a reality series, and the reality is that all the fans watching believe I only have one child,” says Lisa, who appears on the series with her husband, Ed Hartwell, and their 2-year-old son, EJ. “Jordan and Justin understand what the show involves, and they’d love to do it. I adore all three of my sons — and I believe they all have a rightful place on the show.”
It seems the pressures of the show and the drama associated with her fiance, A.J. has doomed the couple. “We’re on hiatus,” the former Xscape member said on radio station WVEE’s “The Frank & Wanda show.”
Majority of the drama stems from the fact that her fiance A.J. has 6 kids by 4 different women. Kandi’s harshest critic also happened to be her mother, who was very open about her non acceptance of A.J.
The whole A.J. fiasco has apparently taken a toll on Kandi and her mother’s relationship. Kandi said it got to a point where she didn’t know if she wanted she and A.J.’s relationship to endur in order to spite her mother or because she was in love.
Kandi happens to be my current favorite Atlanta housewife, however I cannot understand her thought process in wanting to marry a man with 6 children by 4 different women. I hear there’s a shortage of men in Atlanta, but surely times can’t be this hard.
Megan Hauserman, star of VH1’s Megan Wants A Millionaire, has publicly resurfaced at a hotel in Los Angeles with a mystery man. Megan had been laying low since news hit that one of the contestants on her show, Ryan Jenkins, was the main suspect in the murder of his wife.
The mystery man photoed with Megan was not one of the contestants on her now canceled show. It’s safe to say things did not work out with whomever won the show. The rumored winner was contestant, TJ Diab. It might also be safe to predict a 2nd season of Megan Wants A Millionaire will be coming soon. A photo of TJ and other MWAM contestants can be seen here.
Megan also took to her twitter recently to thank fans for their support.
“I just want to thank everyone for your love and support. It is really all that is getting me through this difficult time.”
VH1 has also canceled I Love Money 3, as Ryan Jenkins was also a contestant on it.
“She is doing really well,” Melissa toldUsmagazine Wednesday at a charity event in L.A. “Her and Ed are happy, and I know she is going to become a U.S. citizen. She’s moving to Chicago.”
“You know, granted it’s not my business to comment, but Jillian’s real life is fantastic,” continued Melissa. When asked if she believes Jillian and Ed will still wed, Melissa says, “I absolutely do…I know they love each other, and I know they are planning a wedding, and I know she wants to marry him. I hope it works out for them.”
In the meantime, Melissa continues to plan her wedding to fiance, Tye Strickland.