It’s that time of the year again! The tenth season of ABC’s Dancing With The Stars is set to have its 2 hour premiere tonight at 8:00 pm eastern.
The year should bring in high ratings for the ABC network as they made certain to include celebs from every realm possible, including the controversial reality stars, Kate Gosselin and The Bachelor’s Jake Pavelka.
The favorites to win so far seems to be Nicole Scherzinger andEvan Lysacek. Nicole is the former lead singer of the pop group – The Pussycat Dolls, and Evan recently won an Olympic gold medal for figure skating.
TELL US – WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE TO WIN THIS SEASON?
Kate Gosselin is going to have to work a little bit harder to fight off those pesky diva rumors that continue to plague her.
Insiders from Dancing With The Stars had accused Kate of acting like a diva by refusing to interact with the other dancers and stars on the show. The Jon & Kate Plus 8 mom appeared on The View this week and denied that claim.
DancerMark Ballas, who is the partner of Shannen Doherty, is however singing a different tune. “I’m not the type of person to judge…” said Mark to UsWeekly “And I’m not going to be like ‘I don’t like [Kate]…”
“But, I mean, she’s pretty, you know, standoffish, which is kind of weird.” Mark continued, “I don’t really know her, but when I met her she wasn’t kind of like, ‘hello’ or anything. I say ‘hey,’ and she was like ‘oh hey.’ I was like, ‘Okay!'”
Mark added, “She has a great partner, Tony [Dovolani] who is a dear friend of mine, so I’m sure he will whip her into shape. Whatever you can get out of that!”
Kendra appeared on the Today Show Wednesday morning, during which she was asked if she would do DWTS. “Kate is on Dancing With the Stars… I just told my publicist, if I were asked to go on Dancing With the Stars,’ I don’t think I’d do it,” said Kendra who just had a baby back in December.
“I would definitely say no to it, because I am that mom that wants to be there every step. I don’t want to spend three months away from my baby. I just couldn’t do that,” continued Kendra, 24.
Kendra however took to her twitter page to make it clear her intention was not to bash Kate. She wrote, “Didn’t mean to bash Kate just meant to say I hate leaving my baby..lol. Sorry if ppl took it that way.”
This isn’t the first time Kendra has publicly spoken out against Kate. Almost a year ago, Kendra vowed to stop watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 saying, “I watched back when it was good and they weren’t all Hollywood. I feel bad for the kids.”
Kate has been on the receiving end of numerous criticisms accusing her of being a bad mom because she chose to do DWTS. UsWeekly wrote a story last week alleging Kate’s kids were depressed because she’s away so often. Kate has however said on multiple occasions that she will only be leaving her kids from Sundays to Tuesdays, to film the show in Los Angeles.
TELL US – WOULD YOU GO ON DANCING WITH THE STARS IF YOU HAD 8 KIDS AT HOME?
While Kate Gosselin continues to defend herself against critics who believe she shouldn’t be doing Dancing With The Stars, the latest is now a new report claiming her kids are “depressed” because she is away so much.
According to UsWeekly, Kate’s 9-year-old twins and 5-year-old sextuplets are struggling with her going to Los Angeles constantly to promote the show. A source tells UsWeekly Kate, 34, spent Feb. 21 to March 5 away from her kids.
The source says the Jon & Kate Plus 8 mom left the kids with five nannies, who were constantly being asked “When is Mommy coming home?”
The Gosselin twins Cara and Maddy are reportedly taking it the hardest as they “seem depressed when Kate isn’t around,” another source says. On the other hand, five-year old sons Aaden, Collin and Joel, also “got into trouble at school for talking back to teachers,” adds the source.
The insider also reveals that Kate justifies her situation because she wants to be a star and even compares herself to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
Meanwhile, a new report by the NYPost is also painting Kate in a bad light. According to the Post, Kate is being a “total diva” on the set of DWTS by snubbing the other contestants and behaving frostily to crew members. A source from the set of DWTS however denies this.
TELL US – SHOULD THE PRESS LAY OFF KATE OR IS THE CRITICISM VALID?
The Jon & Kate Plus 8mom took out her $7,000 hair extensions but fret not! (the two people that care that is) as Kate’s hair stylist, Ted Gibson, reveals Kate,34, will be getting some new extensions put in on Thursday.
“We’ll be doing color, we’ll be doing extensions, we’ll be getting her ready for her premiere on ‘Dancing With the Stars!'” said Ted, adding that Kate’s new extensions will include a few different shades of blond. “The extensions will last through the whole time she’s on the show.”
Kate is also featured on the cover of the new issue of PEOPLE magazine during which she defends the criticism she has received on her decision to do DWTS. Some critics believe it’s not in the best interest of her eight kids to do the show. “You say I’m a bad mom, it destroys me,” says Kate who insists she can balance fame and family.
As we previously reported, Kate will be practicing in her family home in Pennsylvania, and then heading to Los Angles from Sunday to Tuesday to film the show.
Kate also reveals she wants to do this for her children. “If I last two weeks on the show, I’ve shown my kids that hard work and perseverance pays off,” says Kate. “And if I don’t win, I’ve shown them you don’t always have to come in first. You just have to keep on trying.”
TELL US: IS IT A BAD IDEA FOR KATE TO DO DWTS WHILE HAVING EIGHT CHILDREN AT HOME?
It seems Jon Gosselin has finally realized the whole world sees him as a douche, or perhaps it’s just that darn pesky threat of multi-million lawsuit by TLC, but it seems the Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad has taken a hint, and now only speaks out when he has something positive to say.
Jon released the following statement via his private twitter account concerning he’s ex-wife, Kate Gosselin’s appearance on Dancing With The Stars. “Congratulations to Kate for joining the new season of DWTS. I am thrilled for her. She has my support and vote,” Jon, 32, wrote.
But it didn’t end there as he continued, “Here is to 2010 for new beginnings and leaving the past mistakes in 2009.”
A “source” however reveals to UsWeekly that’s Jon’s well wishes might not be genuine. “Jon’s angry because doing Dancing with the Stars will keep [Kate] away from the kids for days, and she still won’t let him have extra custody…Nannies will watch them instead of Jon,” declares the source.
Jon’s rep (yes he really has one) however denied this to UsWeekly, claiming Jon is truly happy for Kate.
As previously reported, former backstage host Samantha Harris quit the job a few months back, and Brooke along with Melissa Rycroft and Vanessa Minnillo were the three front runners to replace her.
Many thought Melissa would get the job as she co-hosted the cast announcement just last Monday. However, insiders have now revealed to Star that Brooke, 38, who was also the Season 7 champion, will be co-hosting with Tom Bergeron this season.
The 10th season of DWTS kicks off Monday, March 22, on ABC.