If you recall, Jason,33 famously proposed to Melissa, 26, on the Bachelor finale only to then dump her on the reunion show for Molly, 25.
Melissa has however previously said that she is “happy” for the two. The wedding ceremony will reportedly take place at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. Bachelor alums Jillian Harris, Ed Swiderski, Trista and Ryan Sutter are expected to be in attendance.
As for what the wedding will be like? Molly revealed, “We don’t want an hour-long ceremony and assigned seating and fancy food. I’d rather have people walk away saying, ‘That was the most fun, badass wedding I’d ever been to!”
ABC is set to air the wedding as a two-hour special, The Bachelor: Jason and Molly’s Wedding, on March 8.
According to InTouch magazine, there is already some drama brewing over the soon to be televised wedding of former Bachelor star Jason Mesnick and his fiance Molly Malaney.
The article reveals the couple is already fighting over some of the wedding details. Apparently, ABC wants a lot of the past Bachelor stars and contestants to be in attendance including Jason’s former fiance Melissa Rycroft, 26 — Jason’s first choice, who he dumped for Molly — and former BacheloretteDeAnna Pappas.
Molly, 25, is ofcourse not too happy about Jason’s former girlfriends attending her wedding, however it seems she might not get a say in this as ABC is controlling the wedding and the guest list as well. Molly is said to be fine with having former Bachelor stars at her wedding, with her only problem being with Melissa because “she thinks it will turn into a circus.”
DeAnna, who rejected Jason during her season as the Bachelorette, is however looking forward to the wedding despite Molly’s concerns. She tells In Touch, “I’ll be there with my boyfriend, Stephen,” she says. “I am so happy that Jason found Molly, as they really are the perfect couple.
In other news, Melissa has gotten yet another new job, as she will now be a part of the Entertainment Tonight crew. Melissa began working for ET this week when she covered the recording of the “We Are the World” remake for the syndicated entertainment news show. She’ll be covering premieres, awards shows and other events in the future, reports People.
The two-hour special titled “The Bachelor: Jason and Molly’s Wedding” is set to air March 8. Shockingly enough, this will only be the second wedding in the history of the Bachelor franchise. The special will include Molly’s dress fitting, planning for the big day, bachelor and bachelorette parties and the ceremony. Past “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette” couples and contestants will reportedly be on the guest list.
This isn’t the first time ABC has aired a Bachelor wedding. Trista Rehn and husband Ryan Sutter, who met on “The Bachelorette” in 2002, also had their wedding televised on ABC. It proved to be a big hit as it drew more than 17.1 million viewers.
Jason and Molly’s upcoming wedding will mark the latest twist in the Bachelor’s narrative that’s extended through a couple of seasons of the Bachelor franchise. Jason was one of the final two bachelors on DeAnna Pappas‘ edition of “The Bachelorette.” He became the first single dad on “The Bachelor” after being dumped by DeAnna, and then proposed to Melissa Rycroftin the finale, only to change his mind and break up with Melissa on national television and instead choose Molly.
All seemed to end well as Melissa got married last December, and Jason and Molly got engaged back in October, 2009.
TELL US – WILL YOU BE TUNING IN TO JASON AND MOLLY’S WEDDING?
The latest scandal to rear its ugly head from The Bachelor is that one of the young women looking for love with the new “Bachelor” Jake Pavelka was fooling around with a staff member from the show, according to reports. The incident became public when ABC aired a brief promo about the contestant. “She’s been having a sexual affair with somebody else in the Bachelor House,” one of the other women is heard saying on the clip, which has now been removed from the ABC website.
According to the NYpost, fansofrealityTV.com also revealed several weeks earlier that a male member of the show’s production crew and one of the contestants were romantically involved while “The Bachelor” was shooting in the fall. In addition, the website claims to have some inside information regarding the affair.
Officials from the show have refused to comment but this is somewhat interesting since reality shows prohibit cast and crew members from fraternizing off camera. Mark Burnett, producer of several hit reality shows including “Survivor” claims that his crew members are warned that merely talking to a contestant is grounds for immediate termination.
“The Bachelor” has been lucky with ratings – impromptu happenings like when Jason Mesnick changed his mind a month after initially proposing to Melissa Rycrofthave proved to be a ratings boost for the show. In the Reunion show, he announced he was really in love with the runner up Molly and dumped Melissa on national TV.
The episode where the alleged scandal takes place will air in late January, according to reports. However, no one seems to know which bachelorette was caught fooling around this season and the fate of the crew member. The bachelorette will however be one of the 15 that remained on after the first night of eliminations.
The new season of the Bachelor premiers January 4th on ABC.
Melissa opens up in the latest issue of InTouchWeekly about her wedding details and Tye. The former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant and GMA correspondent married Tye, a Dallas-based insurance executive, on Saturday, Dec. 12 in a romantic ceremony in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Invited were over 200 friends and family. It was their second ceremony as the first took place in the U.S. to make sure their union was legal.
Melissa tells InTouch magazine she was “fine” until ‘Here Comes the Bride’ started playing. “I think everything hit me at once. My dad started to walk down the aisle, and I just stopped him. I grabbed his arm, and I was like, ‘Hold on,’ and I started crying. And I saw Tye, and bless his heart, he had these big tears in his eyes, too. It was very emotional,” Melissa explains.
Tye was also taken back, saying: “When I saw her, I just lost my breath – like I was in a football game and had the wind knocked out of me … I’ve never felt that way in my whole life, and I just couldn’t help it. She was the most gorgeous bride I’ve ever seen in my life, and it was amazing. It was absolutely perfect.”
You can read more about the wedding in the latest issue of InTouch Magazine.
Melissa Rycroftis officially a married woman. The 26-year-old Good Morning America correspondent was dumped on national TV earlier this year by The Bachelor winner – Jason Mesnick. Jason proposed to her on the finale, and then later changed his mind. All that drama is now in the past for Melissa as she exchanged vows Saturday afternoon in Mexico with fellow Texan – Tye Strickland.
“Tye is my best friend in the world, and now he’s my partner forever. We have had such a journey within our relationship, that to finally look at him and see my husband, gives me the calmest, most content feeling in the world,” Rycroft told In Touch Weekly. “I love him so much and am so excited for our forever to begin!”
Melissa got married in a beautiful Alfred Angelo gown. Tony Dovolani, Melissa’s dance partner on Dancing With The Stars and the Bachelorette’sJillian Harris were on the guest list. Both Melissa and Tye dated on and off for a couple of years before finally reuniting earlier this year. We certainly wish them the best.