Megan Hauserman is ready to move on, following the cancellation of her VH1 reality show Megan Wants a Millionaire.The show was cancelledafter the apparent suicide of one of her potential suitors on the show, who was named as the main suspect in a gruesome murder.
“It’s been a very challenging time,” she told PEOPLE in Las Vegas Friday while hosting a party at The Playground. “I’m happy to move forward at this point. It’s been a very upsetting, sad, tragic situation that nobody could have expected.”
Ryan Jenkins, a crazy slick-talking real estate developer, was the focus of an international manhunt that ended when he was found dead in a Canadian hotel room. Ryan was suspected of killing his wife, bikini model Jasmine Fiore, then stuffing her mutilated body in a suitcase.
Megan, who has starred in five reality shows, says she’s is currently working with animal rescue charities, traveling and hanging with her friends to move on from the terrible events of the past month.
Megan is also rumored to be getting a new reality show though she is not speaking about it.
“I really enjoy being on TV and I love my fans,” she says. “I want to continue doing TV work.”
It seems Megan Hauserman of VH1’s “Megan Wants a Millionaire” will be getting a second shot at a reality show since the abrupt cancellation of MWAM. One of the contestants- Ryan Jenkins– was the main suspect accused of murdering his wife before later committing suicide.
According to RadarOnline, VH1has decided to give her another shot, though the new show will follow a different format moving away from the dating themed show. The new show will be unscripted even though Megan has requested a scripted show.
“VH1 is giving Megan her own reality show,” a source confirms. When the show was abruptly cancelled “they promised Megan her own show…that’s how they bought her silence.”
Megan Hauserman, star of VH1’s Megan Wants A Millionaire, has publicly resurfaced at a hotel in Los Angeles with a mystery man. Megan had been laying low since news hit that one of the contestants on her show, Ryan Jenkins, was the main suspect in the murder of his wife.
The mystery man photoed with Megan was not one of the contestants on her now canceled show. It’s safe to say things did not work out with whomever won the show. The rumored winner was contestant, TJ Diab. It might also be safe to predict a 2nd season of Megan Wants A Millionaire will be coming soon. A photo of TJ and other MWAM contestants can be seen here.
Megan also took to her twitter recently to thank fans for their support.
“I just want to thank everyone for your love and support. It is really all that is getting me through this difficult time.”
VH1 has also canceled I Love Money 3, as Ryan Jenkins was also a contestant on it.
The same report also confirmed that suspected murderer, Ryan Jenkins, was a contestant on the yet to air I Love Money 3. A previous TMZ report said Ryan had told multiple friends he won ILM 3. A VH1 spokesman said no decision has been made on whether or not to run the show. Ryan is still on the run.
It’s safe to say ILM 3 will is likely done for, especially if Ryan is the winner as rumored. It would be nice for VH1 to let us know who the winner of Megan Wants A Millionaire is, as over a million fans including me, have invested some time into watching this show.
The winner is however rumored to be Tj Diab (Please highlight to see name).
UPDATE – TMZ is reporting Ryan was found dead in a Canadian hotel. He apparently hanged himself.
Fiore’s body was found Saturday morning stuffed in a suitcase which was thrown in a dumpster in Buena Park, CA. According to TMZ, Jasmine’steeth and fingers had been removed.
Tmz is also reporting that Ryan has a violent past. He was convicted in 2005 for assaulting a girlfriend, and also recently had a complaint filed against him in June, for allegedly striking the now deceased Jasmine.
51 Minds – the company that produces “Megan Wants a Millionaire” — admits it was not aware that Jenkins had been convicted of assaulting a girlfriend when he was cast on the show. Part of their statement is below -
Obviously, if the company had been given a full picture of his background, he would never have been allowed on the show. The company did have in place what it thought was a thorough vetting process that involved complete background checks by an outside company for all contestants on its shows. Clearly, the process did not work properly in this case.“
CLICK HERE to see photos of Jasmine Fiore plus the rumored winner of Megan Wants A Millionaire.
In light of recent controversy surrounding one of the contestants of Megan Wants A Millionaire, VH1 has decided to postpone all future airings of the show. The rumored winner of the show is below. Their full statement is -
“Ryan Jenkins was a contestant on ‘Megan Wants A Millionaire’, an outside production, produced and owned by 51 Minds, that is licensed to VH1. The show completed production at the end of March. Given the unfortunate circumstances, VH1 has postponed any future airings. This is a tragic situation and our thoughts go out to the victim’s family.”
The exact controversy involves MWA contestant Ryan Jenkins being listed as a person of interest in the murder of his wife,Jasmine Fiore. Though he has yet to be charged, all signs point to him being the main suspect.
I’m a bit surprised VH1 is taking such a drastic measure considering Ryan’s alleged actions occurred after he filmed the show. VH1 has even gone as far as to remove information about the show from their website. I believe they are overreacting, as the guy is yet to be charged with a crime.
Plus Ryan is said to be a contestant on the yet to air, I Love Money 3, I wonder if they will yanking that off the air as well?
UPDATE – Megan Wants A Millionaire rumored winner below -
DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW SPOILERS FOR THE SHOW -
The rumor is that TJ Diab (please highlight to see name) won Megan Wants A Millionaire, with Ryan being the runner up. I cannot verify the accuracy of this rumor. TMZ however confirmed Ryan was one of the finalists for the show.
VH1 is known for bringing us strippers, “models,” and sometimes pornstars when it comes to their dating shows, but could murderer now be included in that category?
TMZ is reportingRyan Alexander Jenkins, one of the contestants of Megan Wants A Millionaire, is wanted as a person of interest in the murder of playboy representative, Jasmine Fiore. Jasmine was found dead in a trash bin in Buena Park last Saturday morning. She was first reported missing by Ryan on Saturday night.
The story takes an interesting twist as Ryan and Jasmine were actually married. According to TMZ, Ryan married Jasmine just 2 days after meeting her at a Las Vegas strip club earlier this year. It is reported that Ryan married Jasmine shortly after being eliminated from Megan Wants A Millionaire — he was one of the finalists.