The “controversy” involves the slap heard around the world. While Brad was meeting his 30 bachelorettes, one of the ladies, Chantal O’Brien, decided to give him what appeared to be a playful slap on behalf of all the scorned women in America. Chantal was referring Brad’s actions during his previous season of the Bachelor during which he dumped both of his final two picks.
Brad however tells the blog he sees no issue with Chantal’s actions. “I think what Chantal did was a light-hearted gesture which I took as such. I do not condone violence in any relationship, nor would I keep someone around who I felt truly wished to do me harm,” said Brad.
Famed attorney Gloria Allred also agrees with Brad as she tells TMZ Chantal should not be prosecuted as the slap was an isolated instance with no significant injuries.
According to a TMZ poll, 67% polled believe the slap was innocent with the other 33% thinking it was criminal. Interesting.
In other more relevant Bachelor news, Reality Steve has done it again! The blogger/thorn to the Bachelor producers has once again posted spoilers for this season. Not only does RS reveal the final four, but he also reveals Brad’s final pick.
We were conflicted on posting this as it was released a few weeks ago but at the end of the day, it’s your choice as a reader to read the spoilers if you choose. Plus it’s been posted on some major blogs with no warning by the way. So, if you want to read them, please click the continue reading button below. Warning – the comments section of this post might also include some spoilers.
TELL US: THE SLAP HEARD AROUND THE WORLD – BIG DEAL OR MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING?
Click The Continue Reading Button To See The Spoilers!
A picture of the final 4 is below. To see the list of the women in the order they are eliminated and the ultimate winner, please highlight the space in front of the sentences –
Shawntel Newton – Eliminated after the hometown dates.
Ashley Hebert – Eliminated after the overnight dates in South Africa.
Emily Maynard – The runner up, eliminated in South Africa.
Chantal O’Brien – The winner. According to RS, she and Brad are still together.
UPDATE – In a shocker, Reality Steve revealed on 02/28/2011 that he got the winner wrong. According to RS, Brad proposed to Emily and not Chantal.