The New York Post is reporting that the biggest posers to ever hit reality television, Alex McCord and hubby Simon Van Kempen, might be getting the boot from their Bravo show – The Real Housewives of New York City.
According to the Post, the wife & hubby duo are not going to be asked back for a season four. Season Three, which is set to premier March 4, just wrapped up filming. They will be appearing on the 3rd season.
So why are Simon & Alex not being asked back? According to a source, “There are a ton of reasons they aren’t being asked back.”
The first being, “Viewers don’t have a positive reaction to them, so they’re easily replaceable at this point,” says the source. However, a Bravo rep insists that “no details have been released about next season” and Simon himself insists, “We have not had any discussions regarding a fourth season.”
“Also, they don’t really fit in with the other wives,” continues the source. “All of the other women’s story lines have interwoven, yet Alex and Simon have kept theirs separate. It isn’t nearly as interesting as the other Housewives’.”
And it doesn’t end there. According to the insider, there are even more reasons. Apparently Simon threw a “hissy fit” because he’s not being paid as much as the other cast members. “Simon wants to be an equal on the show, but that doesn’t really make any sense to Bravo,” the source says. “After all, he’s not a ‘Real Housewife,’ now is he?”
The Post also says the other ladies on the show including Bethenny Frankel, Jill Zarin, Ramona Singer, and Kelly Bensimon would like to see them go. “In the upcoming season, Alex picks a lot of fights, and it looks like it’s an attempt to keep her story line relevant,” the insider says. “But it ended up seeming inauthentic.”
So far no word yet on who will replace Alex & Simon, if they do end up leaving the show.
TELL US – DO YOU WANT TO SEE ALEX & SIMON LEAVE THE SHOW?