Meghan Markle & Prince Harry's UK Move a 'Huge Slap in the Face' for Prince William — Report
Photo Credit: Eddie Mulholland - WPA Pool/Getty Images

Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s UK Move a ‘Huge Slap in the Face’ for Prince William — Report

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are reportedly moving back to the UK later this month. The Sussexes are expected to relocate to a private, non-royal property outside London. Moreover, their kids, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, will start at a British school next month. As per a royal reporter, Harry and Markle’s comeback is not good news for Prince William.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s UK move reportedly brings challenges to Prince William

According to royal reporter Tom Sykes, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s UK return poses difficulties for Prince William. “It’s a huge slap in the face for William,” Sykes told Page Six. He also feels it will “create serious risks for the monarchy.”

The reporter shared that due to the feud between the royal brothers, this move will create a “huge succession” of extra “challenges” for William. Sykes further questioned what will happen if King Charles invited his younger son to join the Royal Family for Christmas or Remembrance Day celebrations.

Royal commentator Kinsey Schofield also shared her thoughts on Harry and Markle’s return with the outlet. She raised the point of how Charles was allegedly informed about this move on Sunday. “If this were the product of some great royal reconciliation, you would expect the King to have been part of the conversation, not simply informed once the decision had been made,” Schofield explained. While the Duke has recently “made progress with his father,” she is concerned about his strained relationship with the Prince of Wales.

“As far as William is concerned, I’ve seen absolutely nothing that suggests the fundamental trust issues between the brothers have been resolved,” Schofield said. She noted that William “stayed behind and carried the responsibility Harry abandoned.” The commentator explained it is “unfair” to William that Harry “was allowed to blow up his life, attack his family, monetize private grievances and spend six years experimenting with independence, only to crawl home when it didn’t work.”

At the time of writing, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are yet to confirm their relocation. However, the BBC reportedly spoke to the couple’s spokesperson, who confirmed the move.

TRENDING
X