Donald Trump’s New Photos Has Everyone Saying the Same Thing About His Hand
Photo Credit: Alex Wong/Getty Images

Donald Trump’s New Photos Has Everyone Saying the Same Thing About His Hand

New photos from the White House this week have sparked widespread online chatter about the appearance of Donald Trump’s right hand. The 80-year-old president displayed noticeable bruising and swelling during two separate public events, prompting observers to zero in on the same visual detail.

Donald Trump spotted with swollen hand at White House event

Trump’s hand was visible on Monday during a South Lawn appearance where he discussed renovations to the White House grounds.

The president spoke about projects including a new helipad, granite driveway, and refurbished columns. Throughout the appearance, his right hand appeared discolored and swollen.

Later that day, the same hand drew attention during a press conference in the Roosevelt Room with cryptocurrency and financial executives. A close-up photograph circulated widely on social media, prompting users to comment on the visible bruising and puffiness.

The White House has previously attributed the bruising to frequent handshaking and Trump’s long-term aspirin use.

In January, Trump told The Wall Street Journal, “They say aspirin is good for thinning out the blood, and I don’t want thick blood pouring through my heart. I want nice, thin blood pouring through my heart. Does that make sense?”

Additionally, the administration revealed last July that Trump lives with chronic venous insufficiency, a condition common among older adults that makes it harder for blood to return to the heart from the lower extremities.

Swelling in the lower legs and ankles has been a recurring symptom for the president. Trump has acknowledged trying compression socks but said he disliked them, opting instead to avoid sitting for long periods.

During Monday’s events, Donald Trump’s swollen hand also appeared to be covered with makeup, which he has said takes him “about 10 seconds” to apply. The White House has not issued a new statement regarding the latest photos.

Originally reported by Devanshi Basu on Mandatory.

TRENDING
X