Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s reported UK base could keep Princess Kate and brother Prince William at arm’s length. The Duchess of Sussex and the Duke were said to be looking near the Cotswolds, close to Highgrove. That would place them nearer King Charles, but still roughly two hours from Windsor. Neither Meghan nor Harry has personally confirmed the reports, though the BBC reportedly spoke to a Sussex spokesperson confirming the move to Britain.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s reportedly eyeing UK base far away from Kate and William
As per a Page Six report, Tom Sykes discussed Prince Harry’s house search. The royal commentator said a friend of Harry’s had mentioned house hunting “earlier this year.” Sykes said the possible area was “the Cotswolds near Highgrove.”
He added that Harry knew the area “very well.” The location was personal, since Highgrove was linked to his childhood with King Charles and Prince William.
Meanwhile, Sykes said the area carried family history for the duke. He said, “Obviously, that’s where he grew up.” The journalist added that Harry had lived there with “his father and brother.” He also said the place held “happy memories.”
For context, Page Six noted that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry rented a Cotswolds country home after their 2018 wedding. Harry also praised England’s “countryside” at the Time100 Sports Gala on July 16.
However, the UK base would not put the Sussexes near Kate and William. The outlet reported the Cotswolds would be roughly two hours from Windsor. The outlet also said Harry and Meghan were expected to live in a “non-royal residence.”
Page Six said it had reached out to the Sussexes’ representative for comment. Still, the couple has not personally confirmed the UK base details. The report said sources claimed the move would help Archie and Lilibet be closer to family. For Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Kate, and William, the planned distance kept the family split visible.
