Forbes recently released its list of top American Idol earners from 2012.
Kelly Clarkson tops the list – moving up from fifth place in 2011 – with $8 million in earnings. Kelly can thank her "gold" album Stronger, appearances on The Voice, Toyota commercial, and successful tour for her success.
Kelly stole the number one spot away from Carrie Underwood. This year, Carrie shares the number two spot with Chris Daughtry's band Daughtry – with $5 million in earnings. Forbes reports that Carrie and Chris each earn six figures for one single concert. It must be nice to be an American Idol!
CLICK CONTINUE READING FOR THE COMPLETE LIST!
Top-Earning American Idols of 2012 (May 2011 – May 2012)
1. Kelly Clarkson — $8 million
2. (tie) Carrie Underwood / Chris Daughtry — $5 million
4. Scotty McCreery — $4 million
5. Jennifer Hudson — $3 million
6. Jordin Sparks — $2 million
7. Adam Lambert — $1.5 million
8. (tie) Katharine McPhee / Kellie Pickler — $1.1 million
10. (tie) David Archuleta / David Cook — $1 million
Season 11's Phillip Phillips has seen much success since his American Idol win. Considering his single "Home" went triple platinum, his debut album is selling well, and he's set to tour with Matchbox Twenty, we should expect to see him towards the top of 2013's list.
TELL US – DO ANY OF THE NAMES ON THIS LIST SURPRISE YOU?
Photo credit: WENN