Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly moving back to the UK. However, a royal expert believes their move is not for royal reconciliation but rather an “admission of failure.” She was shocked to learn about the decision after the couple willingly quit the Royal Family and had criticized the institution for years.
Expert weigh in on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s return
Royal commentator Kinsey Schofield claims that Prince Harry and Markle’s decision to relocate back to the UK proves that they still need the monarchy. She was shocked by their decision, given that the couple left the Royal Family as they needed freedom to thrive. She now believes that their return is an “admission of failure,” although she is unsure if the couple would be “honest enough” to accept that fact.
Schofield noted that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex cannot expect royal treatment when they make their way to the UK. She told Page Six that this won’t be possible, as they have spent years slamming the establishment and now are coming back after Californian life didn’t work out. “I didn’t think these two had the audacity to actually do it,” she added.
The expert also pointed out how the couple has become deeply unpopular in the UK while Harry continues to take on the government and British justice system. “If this were the product of some great royal reconciliation, you would expect the King to have been part of the conversation, not simply informed once the decision had been made,” Schofield said, referring to the report that King Charles learned about the Sussexes’ move on Sunday.
It’s reported that Harry and his family will be residing in a private home in London, which is not a royal base. Their kids will attend school in the UK, starting next month. However, it is to be noted that they won’t return to their royal duties and will continue to maintain their Sussex title.
Originally reported by Shazmeen Navrange on Mandatory.
