We recently wrote about the downside of appearing on a reality show such as the Real Housewives of Orange County. The first downside being that your ‘perfect’ marriage that you pride yourself on will come off as being not so perfect in front of millions of viewers, while your husband’s cutesy behavior might come off as being somewhat controlling.
The second downside it seems is skeletons from your closet being unveiled. New housewife on the block, Alexis Bellino, is now experiencing this as her first husband, Jeff Barry, is spilling all sorts of sordid details about the couple’s first marriage and nasty divorce to Star magazine. And oh yeah, there are pictures too.
In the latest issue of Star magazine, it is revealed that Alexis and Jeff got married back in 2002 after 3 years of dating. The Missouri college sweethearts would later go on to divorce in 2003 after just 15 months of marriage. Reasons for their divorce includes infidelity, boozy brawls, computer hacking, physical threats and missing money. “We had been college sweethearts in Missouri,” Jeff, 31, a sales e ngineer, tells Star. “I never dreamt back then that things between us could turn so ugly.”
More details about Alexis’s first marriage below -
- The couple moved to San Diego shortly after their 2002 wedding. “We were young and didn’t have a lot of money.” says Jeff. “Then Alexis…started hanging out with trust fund babies. Having the right pair of expensive jeans became important to her.”
- Eventually, Jeff discovered his wife was having an affair with a wealthy father of three she met at the gym.
- “I gave Alexis endless opportunities to fess up, but she kept denying everything,” says Jeff. “Then she said she needed her space, moved into her own place and asked me to go to therapy with her. But she only went twice, she made no effort at all.”
- Jeff pretended to be a friend of Alexis’s and started emailing her under false pretenses. His suspicions were confirmed that Alexis was indeed sleeping with the married wealthy man.
- Jeff then sent a mass email out to couple’s friends and family, in which he referred to Alexis as a “gold-digging homewrecker,” and a “$2 whore.“
- In the divorce filing, Jeff said of Alexis, “She can be an extremely mean, irrational drunk… She once took off her top in front of my best man to make me mad because she was upset that I smoked a cigarette.”
The couple’s divorce was finalized in June 2004. According to Jeff, he hasn’t had any contact with Alexis in four years.
“I’m not surprised she ended up on a show like Real Housewives,” says Jeff, who is now remarried. “She just seems to have even bigger boobs, a nose job and blonder hair now.”
According to Star magazine, Alexis declined to comment on this article.
ANOTHER PICTURE OF ALEXIS AND JEFF BELOW –