The Real Housewives of Orange County’sGretchen Rossi and boyfriend Slade Smileytook Slade’s son Grayson Alexander Arroyo-Smiley Christmas shopping in Hollywood, CA.
As we have previously reported, little Grayson suffers from an inoperable brain tumor. You can read about Grayson and his mom (Michelle Arroyo) at Amazing Gray.
It was reported last month that Slade owes over $80,000 in back child support to Grayson’s mom, who also accused Slade of not spending enough time with his sick son. But I’m certain these non staged paparazzi photos has anything to do with that story.
Controversy aside, one of the most appalling behaviors on MTV’s Jersey Shore was a teaser clip at the end of episode 1. The clip showed Jersey Shore star, Nicole Polizziaka Snooki getting punched in the face by a man at a bar.
The man doing the punching has now been identified as Brad Ferro. Brad, a 24 year-old teacher at a New York City high school, was arrested for assault and disorderly conduct in August after hitting Snooki at the Beachcomber Bar & Grill, reports The New York Times. Because the school administrators were not notified, Brad continued to teach gym at North Queens Community High despite the offense.
Now, Brad has stopped teaching and has been placed into one of the Department of Education’s teacher reassignment centers, according to the New York Times. During the night of the incident, Seaside Heights Det. Steve Korman told the Post that the Bartender stopped pouring Brad a drink because he was intoxicated, so he took alcohol belonging to Snooki and her friends.
“That started a verbal altercation after which he struck her in the face,” Korman said. “She sustained an injury to the inside of her mouth due to the punch.”
The controversial show has been criticized by the Italian American community who believe it promotes negative stereotypes and use of the offensive words “Guido” and “Guidette.
MTV has also decided not to air the punch clip anymore in the upcoming episode 4. “What happened to “Snooki” was a crime and obviously extremely disturbing,” MTV said in a statement Friday. “After hearing from our viewers, further consulting with experts on the issue of violence, and seeing how the video footage has been taken out of context to not show the severity of this act or the resulting consequences, MTV has decided not to air “Snooki” being physically punched in next week’s episode.”
MTV said the episode will still make clear what happened that night and plans to air a message at the end of the show listing available resources for those in abusive relationships.
Italian actress Alyssa Milano also recently criticized the show. She told UsWeekly, “My husband actually showed me the trailer on YouTube last night, and I got upset,” she said. “It upset me. I was like, ‘Turn that off!’ So no, I don’t think I’ll be watching that!’”
Melissa Rycroftis officially a married woman. The 26-year-old Good Morning America correspondent was dumped on national TV earlier this year by The Bachelor winner – Jason Mesnick. Jason proposed to her on the finale, and then later changed his mind. All that drama is now in the past for Melissa as she exchanged vows Saturday afternoon in Mexico with fellow Texan – Tye Strickland.
“Tye is my best friend in the world, and now he’s my partner forever. We have had such a journey within our relationship, that to finally look at him and see my husband, gives me the calmest, most content feeling in the world,” Rycroft told In Touch Weekly. “I love him so much and am so excited for our forever to begin!”
Melissa got married in a beautiful Alfred Angelo gown. Tony Dovolani, Melissa’s dance partner on Dancing With The Stars and the Bachelorette’sJillian Harris were on the guest list. Both Melissa and Tye dated on and off for a couple of years before finally reuniting earlier this year. We certainly wish them the best.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta will return for a third season but some of the housewives may not be returning. According to a NYDailyNews report, NeNe LeakesandKim Zolciak have become more demanding, requesting more money from Bravo to appear on the show. Bravo on the other hand isn’t willingly to succumb to their demands and may have plans to have the two “divas” replaced.
“Bravo has been taking meetings with some notable and wealthy Atlanta women about possibly joining the show,” says the insider. “They’re trying their best to keep the process under wraps, but they’re gearing up to make a major move in the third season.”
TMZ is also reporting that part of Nene and Kim’s demands includes having Bravo pay their electric bill, demanding an upgrade in flying from coach to first class, and they also want stipends for wardrobe, hair and make-up.
According to the source, Bravo wants the other housewives - Kandi Burruss, Sheree WhitfieldandLisa Wu to return as long as they like. “Kandi was a fan favorite last season. Her audience approval ratings were through the roof,” the insider explains. “And Sheree’s clothing line [She by Sheree] and her catch phrase, ‘Who gonna check me, boo?’ were definite standouts.”
“Things with NeNe and Kim have been intense,” says the source, “but Bravo feels the show is about the franchise as a whole and won’t let one person stop it.”
No one seems to be commenting including Bravo and reps for NeNe and Kim. I’m guessing Bravo leaked out this story as a ploy to tell Kim & Nene to get on board or else. The same thing happened right before the Real Housewives of NYC started filming, Jill Zarin allegedly wanted more money, and Bravo wasted no time casting for new housewives, threatening to replace Jill.
The Bachelorette‘s fifth season star Jillian Harris and her fiancé Ed Swiderski will appear on the premiere of the 14th season of the Bachelor. According to ABC, the engaged couple will provide Jake Pavelka with some advice on his journey to find love. The lovebirds will surprise the 25 bachelorettes during the first night of the competition just before he’s about to present one of them with the first-impression rose. They will then help Jake make his first decision and share a special announcement with the new bachelor, says ABC.
The new season of the Bachelor will start with Jake, a 31-year-old commercial pilot from Dallas, TX arriving at the mansion to meet the 25 bachelorettes. Once in the mansion, all the ladies try to impress Jake and the competition officially begins.Once host, Chris Harrison arrives, the atmosphere takes a serious turn as he announces that Jake has to give one of the ladies the first impression rose, which he does after meeting with Jillian and Ed. At the end of the premiere show, Jake will have to send 10 bachelorettes packing.
This season’s Bachelor will include Jake and his bachelorettes appearing in a photo shoot for InStyle Magazine’s February issue; a private plane ride to Palm Springs for a Chicago concert; a trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain, where they have the amusement park all to themselves; bungee jumping off the Bridge to Nowhere in the San Gabriel Mountains; a trip to the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club, where the ladies find out they are the ones performing; a road trip up California’s coast; dinner at Napa Valley’s Castillo di Amorosa; and a San Francisco visit that culminates in a romantic dinner for two at the top of Coit Tower.
The final 3 women will vacation with Jake in St. Lucia, where the season’s finale Rose Ceremony will take place. The new season will premiere Monday, January 4 at 8PM ET/PT.
Tamra wanted Gretchen to admit to wrongdoing, and Gretchen wanted an apology from Tamra. In a new interview with RadarOnline, Tamra opens up a new can of worms as she once again bashes Gretchen and her boyfriend, Slade Smiley.
Tamra refers to Slade as a “douche bag”, and referred to Gretchen as “always lying,” especially about the allegations that she was cheating on her dying fiancé Jeff Bietzel. Tamra then upped the ante by telling RadarOnline: “I challenge you, Gretchen Christine Rossi for a lie detector test. If you pass, I will forgive you.”
The subject then turned to new housewife, Alexis Bellino, whom Tamra claims to actually like. “I like Alexis,” Tamra said. “I think so far she’s a really good match with us, she seems to be very sweet.”
Really hope Tamra Sue’s getting paid for these interviews, it just seems rather catty and unnecessary.
TELL US – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS STORY AND LAST NIGHT’S EPISODE OF THE OC HOUSEWIVES? ARE SIMON AND JIM CONTROLLING HUSBANDS?
Jon Gosselin, star of Jon and Kate Plus 8, refused to show up at the lawsuit hearing that took place yesterday against TLC even though his attorney, Mark Heller said the father of eight would be present. Needless to say the hearing started in his absence. TLC representatives present at the hearing criticized the father of eight and referred to his behavior as “embarrassing”.
According to Usmagazine, the network requested that the judge stop Jon from making any media appearances that violated his exclusive contract since the contract is still in effect. However, Jon says he has a right to earn a living as a media personality. Jon has filed a countersuit against TLC citing that the network violated Pennsylvania’s child labor laws in filming his eight children.
During the hearing, TLC’s reps revealed that the Gosselin family was being paid $22,500 per episode as supposed to $75,000 that Jon may have revealed to the media. In addition, they wanted Jon to stop appearances that “make the show look bad” referring to his appearance at an August pool party in Las Vegas. Edward Sabin, TLC’s Chief Operating Officer also added that the image Jon has portrayed in the public isn’t consistent with the show’s image. Edward offered other examples of bad behavior: Jon’s habit of signing autographs outside the family’s PA home, chatting with paparazzi outside his home, and the list goes on. According to Sabin, they tried unsuccessfully to reach Jon’s manager. “It was a bit disconcerting, so we cried, ‘Foul! Guys, foul!’ — you gotta get your guy in line.”
The judge agreed with TLC, and granted TLC’s request for a preliminary injunction against Jon late Thursday. The ruling means that Jon must abide by the exclusivity and confidentiality agreement in his contract, putting an end to his unapproved and paid interviews with various outlets. It will also prohibit him from continuing to pursue competing TV deals.
Based on this ruling, it’s safe to say we will be seeing and hearing much less of the douchebag Jon in the recent weeks to come.