Although there have been a lot of tears, a lot of screaming, a lot of accusations, a lot of surprises, and no decent cast trip to speak of (Thanks Bethenny Frankel!), there have also been some fun moments. And a lot of OMG ones!
Below we recap the most ridiculous, surprising, funny, and awful moments from Bethenny, Ramona Singer, Jules Wainstein, Sonja Morgan, Dorinda Medley, and Luann de Lesseps. Oh, was Carole Radziwill here too?
CLICK CONTINUE READING FOR MORE!
Also, things I have decided while watching this season of Real Housewives Of New York:
- Fibroids are the new Lyme. Have an appearing/disappearing medical problem, have reason to co-opt entire season of Housewives while behind-the-scenes wearing bikinis, going on non-Bravo trips, and hiding an extremely suspicious personal problem.
- Bethenny will make any issue about herself and how it affects (re: upsets and traumatizes) her: your eating disorder, your fiance cheating, your dysfunctional relationship, your alcohol brand, your girls getaway… She will also use your personal tragedies to sell Skinnygirl.
- Being a hypocrite is totally OK – just so long as you name-call first.
- Ramona needs a macrame intervention. And Cesar Milan to pay her a visit.
- The Terrible Three-Timing Tom sounds like a Grimm’s Fairy Tale (someone needs to write this).
- Luann may have low-self esteem when it comes to men, which makes me sad. Or she just wants to live in a Penthouse again. Which is also sad.
- The Countess Collection is not flattering (I need Luann in her real clothing, please).
- Bethenny Frankel is the ‘Big Brother’ of Manhattan, and will not hesitate to use her powers for evil. She knows who you are sleeping with; she knows when your fiance is at play; she knows if you’ve been bad, so bow at her feet for goodness sake.
- Carole is the soapy remains of a good time. She is boring. She is also petty. And she thinks we’re all idiots. Why is she self-importantly wafting through RHONY judging and moralizing – doesn’t she have a book to write?
- Sonja and Luann need to ditch their awful dudes and just be roommates forever. Dorinda should move in too! Ab-Fab By Bravo!
- Sonja is so incredibly funny. And way stronger than she seems.
Tonight is part one of the reunion, where Dorinda is in the hot seat over John. And Luann and Bethenny start to argue. Reality Tea will be live-tweeting.
SEE THE “MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS” LIST BELOW, AND TELL US YOUR FAVORITE MEMORABLE MOMENT FROM THE SEASON. ALSO, PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO READ THE REALITY TEA COMMENT POLICY.
Sonja tried to get into the liquor business by borrowing off Skinnygirl with Tipsy Girl. Unfortunately Bethenny didn't take too kindly to imitation-ish being the sincerest form of flattery. She ripped Sonja a new one over the 'cheater brand' and cut her out of the group amid rumors that Sonja had a drinking problem. Ouch.
This on-screen blowup actually bled into the real world with some legal action.
A Tale Of Tom's Two-Timing
Undoubtedly Bethenny revealing to Luann proof that Tom cheated was the most shocking moment of the season.
Bethenny pretended to wrestle with hurting the Countess, but in light of her telling all the other women first (to make sure it made it onto TV), plus using the moment to trash and mock Luann (and sell Skinnygirl!), after spending the season trashing, mocking, and humiliating Luann we don't really believe Bethenny's Tale Of Benevolence.
Or at least I don't - maybe you're nicer than I am.
Don't De-Nice On Dorinda
Dorinda made it nice, and everyone else made it not nice.
Don't disrespect a Dorinda party!
Luann and Sonja began the season as roommates. Them swanning around in furs and gossiping needs to happen forever.
See You In Mexico, Putas
Bethenny tried to ice Luann out of the trip to Mexico. Luann not only steamrolled right over her nefarious plans, she stiffed Bethenny with the check.
I call this the most triumphant moment of the season.
What was supposed to be a peaceful girls weekend in the Berkshires erupted into Cruel Intentions Continued: The Middle Aged Years, when Bethenny reared her rage-filled head after Luann claimed Bethenny stole her air. Bethenny screamed at Luann for several hours, calling her a whore, a homewrecker, a slut, and every other horrible name in the book.
Even if Bethenny is correct about Luann's behavior, A) it's not her business, B) there's a time and a place, C) There's a way to deliver the truth with kindness.
Bethenny: The Man In The Mirror is calling...
Fortunately Luann didn't cower to Bethenny's wrath. Too bad this Luann isn't handling Tom.
Also Luann's Ramona Singer Apology Lessons text to Carole was divine!
Time To Go, Ro-Ro
This season of RHONY was dominated by Luann's love life (and vaginas). Before Tom there was Rey. While Ramona was fishing for the goods on his time with Luann, John threw her out of his party for being rude!
Ramona does not like being shown the door.
For her birthday Luann re-gave Ramona a necklace she had already given her before.
Sonja's Tom Or Luann's
While Luann was reveling in her happiness over Tom, over appetizers Sonja casually let it drop to the group that she's been his lover for 10+ years.
Jules Calls Bethenny Out
After Jules confided about her eating disorder to Bethenny, she discovered Bethenny and Carole were making fun of her and talking about how they did not want her to be around them.
Jules articulately and poignantly freaked out about why their behavior was unkind and shaming. They responded by blaming her, and Bethenny by not speaking to her.
[All Photo Credits: Bravo]