Real Housewives of Orange County was the first installment of the Real Housewives franchise. The show premiered in March 2006 and followed five women living in an exclusive neighborhood in Southern California.
RHOC was initially titled Behind the Gates, but network executives thought it sounded too serious. Television producer Lauren Zalaznick came up with the idea to call it Real Housewives of Orange County.
RHOC is still a success nearly two decades later, with the show currently on its 17th season.
Want to know more about the ladies of Orange County? Keep reading to learn all you need to know about Real Housewives of Orange County.
Real Housewives of Orange County Cast
Since then, housewives have come and gone. In fact, not a single original OC housewife remains a full-time cast member on the show today. Vicki Gunvalson is still a part of the franchise as a “Friend Of.” Here’s hoping she gets her orange back soon!
- My Real Housewives Of Orange County Dream Cast
- Reality TV Divorce Curse: Real Housewives of Orange County Victims
- Real Housewives of Orange County Season 17 Taglines Are Here!
- Vicki Gunvalson’s Best Looks Over The Years
Real Housewives of Orange County Seasons
There are currently 17 seasons of Real Housewives of Orange County. It is the longest-running Real Housewives show on the network.
“I’ve now seen the entire season of Orange County [and] it’s so great,” he said. “It’s a return to form. It is 18 OC-ish episodes, and it hits the ground running. I’m very, very excited about this season.”
Season 1 of RHOC premiered with only 9 episodes. Since then, the network has expanded the number of episodes per season. Season 16 had 19 episodes.
- Real Housewives of Orange County Season 17 Episode 1 Recap: Here Comes The Judge
- Real Housewives of Orange County Season 17 Episode 2 Recap: Friendship Overboard
- Real Housewives of Orange County Season 17, Episode 3 Recap: We Cut It Close(ed)
Real Housewives of Orange County Spin Offs
The first spinoff, Date My Ex: Jo & Slade, premiered in July 2008 and followed housewife Jo De La Rosa and her former fiancé Slade Smiley. The concept of the show was kind of insane. Basically, Jo’s suitors were invited to stay in Slade’s home as they tried to win the heart of his ex-fiance. The RHOC star would go on dates with each of the suitors while Slade watched the dates and shared his thoughts at home. Wild.
- Tamra Barney And Eddie Judge Talk Tamra’s OC Wedding On WWHL
- Tamra Barney’s Ex-Husband Refuses To Allow Their Children To Be Included In Her Wedding Spinoff!
TELL US – DID WE MISS ANYTHING? WHAT ELSE DO BRAVO FANS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY?